Safety Techniques 1
24 MONTHS -6 YEARS OLD
THIS IS A BEGINNING CLASS IS FOR CHILDREN WHO CAN NOT SWIM BY THEMSELVES. THIS CLASS THE CHILDREN MUST BE AT LEAST 24 MONTHS OLD.
Teaching children how to swim based on games, songs and play is an amazing and joyful way to share our love of the water with your family. The skills that will be worked on during this class are:
- Toys in Basket- putting face in water and swimming from the instructor to the wall, wall back to instructor
- Kicking- freestyle or up and down straight leg kicks
- Monkey- holding onto the wall and moving around the pool
- Sitting Humpty Dumpty- sitting on side of pool, jumping in, turning around and going back to the wall
- ABC’s- floating on back with assistance
- Duck Song- swimming to a raft in the middle of the pool, climbing on it by him/herself and then jumping back off of it and swimming to the wall by themselves.
*Please note that some children may require 2-3 sessions of lessons before being able to complete all of the skills by themselves.