Safety Techniques 5
3-7 YEARS OLD
STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE LEVEL 4 CLASS BEFORE. THIS CLASS IS FOR STUDENTS WHO KNOW HOW TO SWIM AND TAKE A BREATH COMFORTABLY BY THEMSELVES. THIS CLASS IS DESIGNED TO FURTHER DEVELOP THE CHILDREN’S ENDURANCE IN THE WATER WITH MORE ADVANCED SKILLS AND LONGER SWIMS.
The skills that are further developed in this class are:
- Toys in Basket saying “HI” and/or Floating on back- swimming 15 feet by themselves and taking a breath by floating on back or lifting their head
- Standing Humpty Dumpty- standing on side of pool, jumping in to retrieve a floating or singing toy and then turning around and going back to the wall
- ABC’s- floating on back without assistance
- Magic Pencils- Swimming to and from the wall without assistance using streamline arms.
- Retrieving Toys off Steps- Swimming to the bottom with assistance to retrieve a ring or toy and then swimming to the side of the pool by themselves.
- Big Swims- Swimming a distance of 30 feet by themselves