Safety Techniques 2
2.5-6 YEARS OLD
STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE LEVEL 1 CLASS AND BE CONFIDENT IN THE GROUP CLASS WITHOUT THE PARENTS AROUND, BE ABLE TO JUMP OFF THE STEP AND ATTEMPT TO SWIM TO THE INSTRUCTORS WITHOUT ASSISTANCE.
Teaching children how to swim based on games, songs and play is an amazing and joyful way to share our love of the water with your family. The skills that are further developed inthis class are:
- Toys in Basket – putting face in water and swimming from the instructor to the wall, wall back to instructor without assistance
- Kicking- freestyle or up and down straight leg kicks on matt or noodle
- Monkey- holding onto the wall and moving around the pool without assistance
- Standing Humpty Dumpty- standing on side of pool, jumping in, turning around and going back to the wall
- ABC’s- floating on back with assistance
- Duck Song- swimming to a raft in the middle of the pool, climbing on it by him/herself and then jumping back off of it and swimming to the wall by themselves.
- Magic Pencils- Swimming to and from the wall without assistance using streamline arms.
Retrieving Toys off Steps- Swimming to the bottom with assistance to retrieve a ring or toy and then swimming to the side of the pool by themselves.